How to Clean Your Tanning Mitt
What's The Easiest Way to Clean your Self Tanning Mitt?
Throw your mitt in the washer with a load of dark clothes, then hang it to dry. We know you were problably expecting some detailed answer (which you can find below), but the if you want the simplist solution: just wash it.
How to Keep Your Tanning Mitt Nice and Clean
When you use a tanning mitt, it helps keep tan looking smooth and radiant. But, damn, why does it not always turn out that way? Answer: A dirty tanning mitt. A sub-par or dirty mitt can make the best self tan look less than great.
We've got good news and a solution to this tanning mitt trouble. In the blog we will tell you why cleaning your mitt matters, you how to clean your tanning mitt step by step, and give you tips for keeping your tanning mitt lasting long.
Why Cleaning Your Tanning Mitt Matters
When you use a tanning mitt that's dirty, it can make your skin look uneven. So here are a few reasons why a clean mitt is important:
- Healthy Skin: A clean mitt means less chance of getting any unsavory stuff on your skin.
- Helps your mitt last longer: Cleaning it properly will make it last a lot longer, which is great because you won't have to buy a new one too often.
- A smoother tan: A clean mitt helps you apply your tanning product evenly, helping your tan look natural and streak-free.
What You Need to Clean Your Tanning Mitt
Now that you know why a clean mitt matters, let's gather what you'll need to start cleaning:
- Mild soap or detergent
- Lukewarm water
- A clean, soft cloth or sponge
- A towel for drying
- Optional: Tanning mitt cleaning solution
Steps to Clean Your Tanning Mitt
Finally, the fun part – Here are the simple steps cleaning your tanning mitt!:
Rinse the tanning mitt: First, shake off any extra tanning lotion on your mitt. Then, run it under lukewarm water.
Apply a bit of soap: Use just a little bit of soap or detergent and gently rub it on the mitt to create some bubbly lather.
Clean your mitt: Work the soapy lather into the mitt. Pay extra attention to any stained areas.
Rinse it well: Make sure all the soap is washed away. Give it a good rinse under clean water.
Dry the mitt: Gently squeeze out the extra water, and then lay your mitt flat to air dry.
Optional step: If you have a tanning mitt cleaning solution, you can use that too. Just follow the instructions on the bottle.
Tips for Keeping Your Tanning Mitt in Good Shape
Here are a few extra things to remember:
- Store your tanning mitt in a clean, dry place when you're not using it.
- At least once a week or at least every 2 -3 tanning applications
- If your mitt starts looking too worn or ripped, it might be time to get a new tanning mitt.
Remember, a clean mitt is a happy mitt, and it's an important step to making your tan skin look amazing. Remember you can use these same steps to clean the tanning mitt for you back.
Thank you for reading! Don't forget to keep your tanning mitt clean for the best tanning experience!