How to Get a Tan in the Winter: Tips for a Sun-Kissed Glow Even When it’s Cold
As winter's chill sets in and the days grow shorter, many of us are faced with a common dilemma – how to get a winter tan and combat the fading of our once-glorious summer tan.
It’s more difficult to find sun, limited places to lay out, and we all know tanning beds are no bueno!
In this blog, we will provide you with straightforward solutions and practical tips to get a tan in the winter.
Table of Contents
- Understanding Winter Tanning and Exfoliation
- Self-Tanning Products
- Keep Skin Moisturized
- Remember to Care for Your Face
- Faux Tan Accessories
- Embracing Your Natural Skin Tone
Understanding Winter Tanning and Exfoliation
To embark on a journey towards a healthy winter tan, one must understand the significance of exfoliation and how climate can impact the skin. Exfoliation is the foundation for a smooth, even tan, and the harsh winter climate can make skin dry and flaky.
Exfoliating your skin during the winter is essential for several reasons:
- Removal of Dead Skin Cells: The winter climate can make your skin dry and flaky. Exfoliation helps remove these dead skin cells, leaving your skin smoother and more receptive to tanning products.
- Even Tan Application: Exfoliating ensures that your tan applies evenly. Without exfoliation, tanning products may cling to patches of dry skin, resulting in a streaky or uneven tan.
- Improved Skin Health: Regular exfoliation promotes overall skin health by preventing clogged pores and breakouts. It allows for better absorption of moisturizers, which are crucial for maintaining hydrated skin in the winter.
- Enhanced Radiance: Exfoliation brings out your skin's natural radiance, which is especially important during the winter when the lack of sun can make your complexion appear dull.
Self-Tanning Products For Winter
Our preferred way of staying tan through the winter months or any time of the year is using Self Tanning Products. These provide an easy way to get tan while keeping your skin hydrated, safe, and healthy.
For a full body tan we recommend our range of Self Tanning Mousse. These are lightweight, easy to apply, and leave you without streaking. You can choose your perfect shade.
Keep Skin Moisturized
There are a couple reasons why it is important to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized through the colder season.
- Prevent Dryness: Winter air is typically dry, which can lead to moisture loss from your skin. Regular moisturizing helps to create a protective barrier, preventing your skin from becoming excessively dry, flaky, and uncomfortable.
- Radiance and Elasticity: Moisturized skin appears more radiant and maintains its natural elasticity. This is particularly important in winter when the cold, dry air can make your skin appear dull and less youthful.
- Ensuring Long-Lasting Tan: Hydrated skin serves as an ideal canvas for tanning products. It allows for better product absorption, which can result in a more even and longer-lasting tan during the winter months.
To kill two birds with one stone, try our Gradual Self Tanning Lotion. A daily moisturizing self tanner you can use to build your tan naturally and gradually.
Remember to Tan Your Face
We get it, we bundle up during the winter. That means we have to make sure we have our face tan covered.
A good face tanner can:
- Balance Appearance: Tanning your face ensures that it matches the rest of your body if you decide to tan using self-tanning products. This uniformity creates a more balanced and natural look.
- Minimize Wearing Makeup: With a tan, you may find that you need less makeup to achieve the desired look, helping your skin breathe and preventing a heavy, cakey appearance.
- Accentuates Natural Features: A light tan can help accentuate your facial features, making your eyes and smile appear more striking.
Try our Glowing Face Mist:
This product is enriched with jojoba oil and skin loving ingredients made specifically for your face. Leaving you with glowing skin and no need for make up!
Faux Tan Accessories For A Winter Glow
For those hard to reach places (like right in the middle of your back) we have got you covered:
Self Tanning Back Applicator: This two handed mitt helps to apply any Self Tanning product to your back without the help from anyone else!
Embracing Your Natural Skin Tone
As always, as much as we love a good self tan and being tan in the winter, remember to embrace and love your skin as it is!
Whether you choose a full suite of self-tanning products, safe sun exposure, or embracing your natural beauty, prioritize safe tanning practices to keep your skin healthy. Feel confident in your choices and your skin, and step into the winter season with a radiant glow.